Lacrosse Team Opposes Springfield

Strong Indian Team Will Test Varsity In League Contest

By Dayley F. Mason

Round two of the varsity lacrosse team's quest for the New England Lacrosse League title opens at 3 p.m. today on the Business School Field, when the Crimson ten meets Springfield. This will be the first game in 10 days for the varsity since its 13 to 7 league victory over Tufts.

Several of the Crimson's earlier opponents have showed more enthusiasm than skill, but Springfield will field a strong team, one which bowed to Dartmouth, defending league champion, by only one point. Springfield also scored five times against undefeated Yale before losing, 10 to 5.

Crimson Coach Bruce Munro admitted yesterday that his alma mater, Springfield, had a good team, and that this was a "must game" if the varsity expects to do much against Williams, Dartmouth, and Yale. But Munro added that "it should be another even game this year. As far as I'm concerned we have a better all-round club this season."

Munro is also satisfied with his team's workouts during the recent 10-day lay-off. He ran the squad through five days of half-field drills, stressing fundamentals and extra-man pays, then held full scrimmages on Wednesday and Thursday.

Injured Return

The Crimson was able to use only two midfields by the end of the Tufts game, but the third unit is now at full strength with the return of Ripper Lynch and Pete Brooke from the injured list.

With the third midfield ready today, Munro expects to make few changes in his lineup. "The only problem I have now," he says, "is whether to start the first or second midfield--it's all a matter of strategy." He considers his first midfield to have more finesse and better stick technique than the second, but the latter group is "faster and more rugged."