Charter, Seal, Key Taken To Corporation's Banquet

In recognition of the 300th anniversary of the Corporation, the Harvard College charter along with the seals and keys of the University were brought to a private dinner held at Dunster House last night.

The College charter, taken from the University archives, authorized the formation of the Corporation in 1650. The seals and keys and passed from president to president as ceremonial tokens of office.

The dinner, given by the President and Fellows of Harvard, drew Members of the Board of Overseers, the Deans of the faculties, seniors and staff members of Dunster House.

Speakers at yesterday's dinner were Professor Gordon M. Fair, Master of Dunster House, President Conant, ex-Massachusetts Governor Robert F. Bradford '23, representing the Overseers, and Law Professor Austin W. Scott, representing the faculty. Dean Sperry, chairman of the board of preachers, said grace.

A portrait of Clarence H. Haring, former Dunster master and Bliss Professor of Lating American History, was last night presented to the Corporation. The portrait will hang in the Dunster dining hall.