Maids Launch Movement to Fire Mulvihill

university maids are complaining because a disproportionate amount of their salary is going to pay Daniel E. Mulvihill, president of the employees union, the H.U.E.R.A. A movement to vote out Mulvihill at the February 13 election meeting has begun among the members, it was learned yesterday.

Fifty cents is taken out of every employee's monthly salary to pay Mulvihill.

"We think it's unfair that we have to pay as much as the janitors who make six times the wages we do," complained one maid. They want a man who would serve for nothing in the part-time job.

This is one grievance held against Mulvihill by the employees. The general feeling is that "he is just not for us."

Daniel Gannon, new assistant superintendent of Winthorp House, was asked to run for president by several of the members. Gannon had not yet made up his mind when he discovered that it would entail giving up his present job, and sole source of income.

"Fooey," commented another maid. Mulvihill makes at least $600 a year doing jobs for the University." Gannon has consented to run for vice-president.

Latest in the list of complaints was a four-cent raise Mulvihill recently agreed to for the maids.

"Why, that wouldn't even buy a pack of gum," said one.

Gannon feels that it is important to have unity in union. A split among the members, he maintains, defeats the purpose of the organization. He said he would try to see if a conciliatory course could be found.