Two FBI Men Question Freshman On Robbery, Find Him Innocent

Samuel Adams '55 yesterday received a visit from two agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. They explained that a car similar to Adams' had been seen at a robbery in which Federal bonds had been stolen.

Adams, mystified, asked the two agents how they had discovered him and his car, maintaining all the time that he was innocent of all bank robberies. One of them produced an examination paper: "Have you ever seen this before?"

"Yes, I wrote it for an English course at St. Mark's," he replied. The other agent yanked out a notebook, handed it to Adams, and asked the same question. "Yes, I used that for a French course," he answered.

The two agents then asked Adams for identification. He went into the room and gathered all his credentials, registrations, and licenses. After carefully examining them, the agents agreed that Adams was their man.

Espied the Vehicle

They explained that they had seen his car, which matches the description of the robbery car, parked on Commonwealth Avenue. They found the two old papers in it and traced the name "Samuel Adams" to Harvard.

After 15 minutes of extensive questioning, one of the agents got up, and said. "You don't look like the bankrobber type," and they both left.