Plaque Unveiling Set for Tomorrow

A marble memorial to Harvard's World War II dead will be displayed for the first time on Sunday at a commemorative service in Memorial Church.

The plaque, which bears the names of 697 Harvard students, alumni, and faculty members, covers half of the south wall of Memorial Church. It is 23 feet high and 42 feet long, made of a number of panels of cream-colored Champville marble imported especially for the purpose from France.

Sperry to Speak

The names are carved in the stone, arranged in columns according to College and Graduate School classes. The faculty and College list is headed by the arms, in color, of Harvard College. The colored arms of the graduate schools head the other lists.

A special section of the Church has been reserved for families of the men named on the Roll of Honor. The Rt. Rev. Henry Knox Sherrill, Presiding Bishop of the Protestant Episcopal Church in America, will preach the sermon and the University choir will sing at the 11 a.m. morning services. Dean Sperry of the Divinity School will conduct commemorative services.

Memorial Church was built in 1932 to commemorate the College men who died in World War I. Their names are preserved in a special memorial room.