Four Re-elected to Council After Lethargic Campaign

THOMAS W. HOYA '53, of Kirkland and Milwaukee; RICHARD E. JOHNSON '53, of Dunster and Galesburg, Ill.; DANIEL L. RITCHIE '54, of Lowell and China Grove. North Carolina (left to right above); and Paul D. Sheats '54, of Eliot and Chicago (not pictured) were re-elected last night to the Student Council.

The campaigning and elections for the council positions were marked by lack of interest and half-hearted response on the part of the students. Benjamin F. MacDonald '52, Chairman of the Class Affairs Committee, announced last night.

This completes the Council elections for the year. Last Friday the Houses and Dudley chose eight men as Council Class Representatives after equally lethargic campaigning.

For the second year the new electees will serve from February to February. Under the new constitution, which went into effect when the present Council took office last February, no second term seniors serve on the Council. Since formerly Councilmen sat from June to June, the '50-51 Council only served half a year.