Busy School Blaze Causes $1,000 Loss
Fire swept through a student suite in the Business School's Chase Hall between 5:30 and 6 a.m. yesterday, causing $1,000 worth of damage. Boston firemen kept it from spreading and extinguished it within a half-hour.
The fire destroyed many personal possessions of the suite's occupants. Francois G. Leydet 2GB and Ami S. Vassilliadis 2GB, also causing severe damage to the floor, walls, and furniture.
Officials announced that a lighted cigarette fell from an ashtray onto the sofa and set the room ablaze. The firemen got the fire under control by throwing the burning furniture out of the windows.