Track Squad Will Compete in IC4A

Army, Yale, and Georgetown will be strong, as usual, but the Crimson track team could score high in the IC4A track meet in New York tonight--if its collective health holds out. Several of Jaakko Mikkola's 12 entries have succumbed to colds, and middle-distance runner Ed Grutzner will probably be too ill to compete.

The other Harvard entry in the 600, Ronnie Berman, will start as a virtual co-favorite with Charley Moore of Cornell and Rollie Sultze of Yale. Dick Barwise also can score against a very strong high jump field.

Weighty Performance

Recent fine performances show that Al Wilson stands a good chance of taking second with the 35-pound weight to the startling heaves of world's record holder Tom Bane of Tufts. Wilson and Jerry Kanter, however, will run into a greater quantity of quality competition in the shot put. Dick Rubin will also compete in the weight-toss.

Dave Cairns will meet at least five competitors who run the mile under 4:20, and Bob Mello meets some of the East's best vaulters. Bill Geick will broad jump, Charlie Durakis and Bob Twitchell are in the hurdles, and Dave Gregory will compete in the two-mile.