Stopped Beating Your Wife Yet?

"DESIRING PEACE, I believe the United States should encourage the United Nations to take action to end the war in Korea immediately." Answer "Yes" or "No".

Why do the Young Progressives word their "Peace Poll" this way? Some people may think they are bent on insulting the intelligence of those who persist in eating in University dining halls, Others probably claim the poll truly reflects the political thinking of the Young Progressives. And then there are those who assume that the poll was draw up for the Young Progressives by some evil genius.

Since it is difficult or impossible to answer the "question" unless you are conversant with "New-speak" or "Aesopean Language" or whatever it is currently called, perhaps it is best to fill in "Suggestions and Comments" at the bottom of the poll in whatever language one commands.

Merely ignoring the poll will do no good. The Young Progressives will fill theirs out anyway, and with fewer returns they can acclaim to the world that a large percentage of "Harvard men" approve their peace proposals. Better to ignore the rhetorical question and suggest your own way of "working to make PEACE a reality."