Lacrosse Team Defeats Boston Club, 13-5

By Hiller B. Zobel

The Boston Lacrosse Club had the old college try Saturday, and some of the old college players, too, but the better-conditioned, though unsparkling varsity outran the veterans, 13 to 5, on the New Playing Field.

It took the Crimson only 30 second to start the scoring; Dave Waring back-handed in a pass from Captain Rick Hudner. Waring added another three minutes later, and it looked as though Bruce Munro's team might open the game up right there. (Waring, incidentally got three goals in all.)

Club Surges Ahead

But the B.L.C. defense tightened, sparked by goalie Dick Bernard's great work. The Crimson was unable to score, although it controlled the ball most of the time. The Club managed to utilize its changes, and made the score 2 to 1 on a sharp goal by Perry, midway in the period.

Midfielder Dick Post regained the point shortly thereafter and added another at the start of the second frame. He, too, achieved the hat trick.

The attackmen finally got into the act at the three-minute mark, when Thorp Kelly and Moe Baldwin drilled in two pretty shots.

Defense Careless

Although the varsity was never in trouble, its all-around performance left much to be desired. The defense, particularly, seemed careless, especially on clearance. Bernard's sparkling body saves hampered the attack, which lacked sharpness, anyway; on several occasions, the forwards and the midfielders collided, or just plain missed connections.

'54 Beats Hermon, 9-2

Sparked by Ed Curtis' three goals and an assist and Willie Kurth's two tallies and two assists, the Yardling lacrosse team overran Mount Hermon, 9 to 2, on the prep school field Saturday.