Conant to Head Discussion on Arms At Associated Harvard Clubs Session

President Conant will moderate a symposium on the "Rearmament of Europe" at the first session of the Associated Harvard Clubs' 87th Annual meeting in Chicago next month, it would learned yesterday.

General Steven Simmons, dean of the Faculty on Public Health, who will just have returned from Korea, Paul C. Cabot '21, treasurer of the University, and William M. Pinkerton, director of the University News Office, will speak to a business meeting at the Convention.

Dean Bender '27, Richard M. Gummers '07, chairman of the committee on Admissions, John U. Monro '34 assistant in the Provost, and F. Skiddy von Stade '38, director of Admissions, will represent this College at the meeting.

J. Archer O'Reilly, Jr. '31, secretary of the Associated Harvard Clubs, and other members will represent the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Seminar Programs

One full afternoon will be given over to seminars on the College and Graduate Schools. Later, alumni of the Glee Club living in and near Chicago, will sing, according to the present program.

It has already been announced that the first showing of the March of Time's now movie on the University will be a feature of the meeting. At the close of the convention President Conant and the retiring and incoming presidents of the Associated Harvard Clubs will address the group.

This convention is the first in two years for the Clubs. The last was held in San Francisco in September 1949, but the 1950 session was postponed from last spring to this year. Officials felt that scheduling a meeting last June would have left too little time between that and the previous convention.