New Athletic Chief May Be Chosen Today

Overseers' Meeting Expected To OK Corporation's Choice Of Successor for Bingham

Before the day is over the University should finally have its new Director of Athletics.

The Board of Overseers meets at 11 a.m. today in the Faculty Room of University Hall to confirm the appointment the Corporation recommended a week age. Overseers almost invariably rubber stamp Corporation nominations for University positions.

It was reported after the last Corporation meeting that one of the following men had been chosen to be presented to the Overseers today: F. Stanton Deland '36, James J. Gaffney, Jr. '37, Clifford W. Wilson '37, Thomas Bolles, crew coach, and Lloyd Jordan, football coach.

Overseers meet seven times each year and the sessions last two days. The second day is generally devoted to the work of the visiting committees.

Bingham Retires In July

The resignation of William J. Bingham '16, February 8 as Director of Athletics becomes effective in July.

If no announcement about the appointment is released after today's meeting, an announcement will probably be withheld until June, it has been learned.

Gaffney is now an industrial relations man, Deland a lawyer, and Wilson an automobile retailer.