Council Approves Advising Report In Last Meeting

In its farewell meeting of the term, the Student Council last night unanimously approved reports on advising, commuters, and international exchange students.

Most of the discussion on the advising report, from a committee headed by Richard L. Bushman '53, centered about the group's suggestion on "cutting down the size of the board of advisers." Robert H. Cole '52 attacked this provision as incompatible with the report's concurrent proposal that advisers give more attention to their advisees.

Defeat Advising Clause

Bushman explained that the clause meant that those high faculty members who have little interest in their advising position should be dropped from the board. A inotion to amend the report to emphasize this fact was defeated in a straw vote.

The Council voted down another proposal that would have eliminated from the report the recommendation that whenever possible freshmen get their advisers as section men.

Renovation of the Dudley Commuters Center was asked in a report drawn up by Gim Fong '52. Fong said that a poll of commuters revealed that a majority feel that the Center's facilities are only "passable."