Straus Cup Goes To Kirkland Men For Eighth Season

Undisputed and official first place in House sports was given to Kirkland House last night as Adolph W. Samborski, director of Intramural Athletics, awarded the Straus Trophy to the victors at dinner.

This is the third straight year that the Deacons have captured the big cup. It has rested in the Kirkland dining hall for eight of the 14 years of its existence.

Kirkland piled up 1507 1/2 points during the year, to finish more than 100 points ahead of its closest rival. In second place is Eliot with 1399 1/2 marks to their credit. Adams captured number three position, tallying a total of 1212 points for the year.

Next in order came Leverett, 1157 1/2; Winthrop 1113 1/2 Lowell, 1111 1/2 Dunster, 1080; and Dudley, 22 1/2.

Singles Left Out

The point total does not include the singles races held on the river last week, but their addition will hot change the top spots. Kirkland ended their there, which brings its total up to 1537 1/2 points by unofficial count. Eliot placed second in the singles to make its total 1424 1/2.

Kirkland was threatened seriously only by Eliot, champions of the House baseball league. The Elephants chances faded, however, when they failed to win the crew race.