Baseball Team to Meet Huskies on Road Today

Walsh Lost for Season

By Edward J. Coughlin

The varsity baseball team stands a good chance of ending its two-game losing streak this afternoon, but against non-league competition. Stuffy Mclnnis' nine meets Northeastern at 4 p.m. on the Northeastern University Athletic Field in Brookline.

The Crimson has won four out of nine contests this spring, while the Huskies have a six-and-seven record. Harvard will be the first Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League team Northeastern has faced in the current season.

Crimson catcher Charlio Walsh is wearing a cast on this throwing hand, broken in a play at the plate in last Saturday's game against Columbia and is expected to be out of action for the rest of the year. Charles Wade, who finished Saturday's contest behind the plate, will probably take on the major part of the catching duties for the remainder of the season.

McInnis may start lefty Rufus "Spider" Webb for the first time this spring against the Huskies. If Webb does not start, the mound assignment will go to John Donelan, in order to save Bob Ward for this weekend's encounter at Cornell.

Husky coach Herb Gallagheer is not sure whether he will start his ace, southpaw senior Dick Sheldon, or his number two moundsman, sophomer right-hander John Costello, against the Crimson. If Sheldon is on the mound, McInnis will put Walt Greeley into right field in place of left-handed batter Ralph Robinson.

Northeastern has a comparatively weak-hitting club. Gallagher considers his shortstop and cleanup man, Vic Colo, his most dependable batter, but Colo's average has drifted below 300. Left-hander Andy Allan leads the team in hits.