Politician from India to Address UN PBH Session

One of India's leading political figures will address the Harvard United Nations Council and the public at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow in the main lounge of Phillips Brooks House. Homi J. H. Taleyarkhan, Chief Whip of Prime Minister Nehru's Municipal Congress Party, will discuss "Indian-American Relations."

An ex-newspaperman who is now a free-lance writer, he has been active in many Indian civic and national welfare organizations. He is at present chairman of the Public Works Committee of the Corporation of Greater Bombay and a member of the editorial board of the magazine "Indian Farming." He is also the author of several books, including "I Have It From Gandhi," "Indians in Australia," and "In the Land of the Blue Hills."

Wide Observation Program

He is now undertaking a tour of American communities, and hopes to interview leaders in domestic and foreign affairs, in addition to observing methods of food production and distribution, and industrial installations. His interests also include educational institutions, public health, and housing programs. He plans to prepare a report on American agricultural extension methods.

Mr. Taleyarkhan and his wife, who are visiting the United States under the auspices of the State Department, will arrive at South Station today for their two day stay in the Boston area.