Sextet Favored Over Tech Tonight Despite Tiger Loss

Caught in the tolls of another losing streak--this one of two games' duration--the varsity hockey team will try for its third win of the season at 7 p.m. tonight when it skates against M.I.T. on the Arena ice.

Despite their 2 to 0 loss to Princeton Saturday, Coach Cooney Weiland's men are still heavily favored. They will, unfortunately, be without defenseman Bill Bliss, who suffered a mild concession at Princeton.

It was simply a case of too much Blair Torrey against the Tigers in the weekend game, Pentagonal League opener for both clubs: the young Princeton goalie pet on a brilliant exhibition before the partisan 1,200 who filled Baker Risk.

Although Nate Corning played a fine game himself in the Crimson nets, and although Harvard showed great fight--especially in the hectic last period--the Tigers were able to turn a couple of breaks into scores, and managed to hang on thereafter.

Corning--who, like the little girl with the Carl, can be "very, very good"--stymied many Princeton breakaways. But fortune opposed him, and the Tigers got the eventual winning point midway in the first period, when Bill Gall took a pass from his brother Pete and sent a 20-foot angle shot through a maze of legs and into the Crimson cage.

Orange winger Jinx Cleaves set up the insurance goal, which Hank Bothfeld slammed past Corning.

Then the Crimson took up the offensive burden. With Dick Clasby leading the attack. Harvard tried time and again to tally. But Torrey would not weaken.

Freshmen Oppose Belmont Hill

The undefeated freshman hockey team will oppose its toughest opponent so far this year in Belmont Hill today at 2 p.m. at the Arena. The freshman six won its sixth straight Saturday by beating Milton, 8 to 0.