Bulletin Lists New Courses For Summer

Weekly Conferences Feature Politics, Drama; Food Upped But Tuition Remains Same

The Summer School this year will continue its two-year old policy of having special conferences in addition to the regular eight-week academic program, William Yandell Elliott, Director of the School, disclosed in a preliminary announcement.

Highlighting the conferences will be weekly lectures on American politics and the fall elections. The range of regular courses offered at the summer season will also be extended. President Cocant will lecture at the session for the first time since 1948. He will discuss the Methods of Science in General Education at the annual conference on educational policy and administration.

There will be no increase in tuition from last year's rate of $60 for the four-unit courses, but board rates will be slightly higher because of increased food prices. The exact increase will be announced in the official catalogue, due to come out in April.

Drama Conference Planned

The School is expecting a greater enrollment this year. It is also making preparations for an expected increase of foreign students by offering a course of Special Instruction in English.

Other innovations in the Summer School include a conference on "The Contemporary Drama," in which leading playwrights, dramatic critics, writers, and poets will take part. There will also be a course offered on Dramatic Interpretation, and two new courses in Comparative Literature.

The other three-day seminars offered will be on "The Contemporary Moral Crisis" and "The Philosophy of History." Students will have an opportunity to register for the School at an advance registration on April 29 and 30.