New Ivy League Ruling Bans Eli Defensive Halfback Star

Eli football hopes were dealt a sharp blow yesterday by the Ivy League Eligibility Committee when standout defensive halfback Earl Rusnak was ruled ineligible. Under the old Ivy group rule a player was allowed three years of participating in varsity games.

The new ruling, however, allows a player three years of membership on the varsity squad. Rusnak was on the team his sophomore year but did not play in any games. He repeated his junior year playing both years. Thus having been a member of the squad for three years he is ineligible under the new edict.

Recommended Articles

B.C. Victory Spurs Championship Hope
The varsity hockey team's chances of receiving a return invitation to the NCAA championships in Colorado got a substantial boost
Republicans Meet
Harvard Young Republican Club members are acting as hoats to the Massachusetts State Young Republican Council at its monthly meeting,
Penn Captain Felled By Scholastic Flub
Pennsylvania's football captain, lineman Bob Evans, was declared ineligible yesterday by administration officials because of low grades. Evans is the
Perkins--
ERC men were originally ineligible, but the Army changed the rules on Monday. Mil Set 3 and 4 presumably serve
Birth Control At Harvard: Spreading The Word
It started out as a normal Wednesday night study break Twenty-two Wiggles worth students piled into their proctor's cramped living
University Calendar.
Freshman Debating Club. Meeting. Sever 11, 7.30 p. m. Question: "Resolved, That the President's term be extended to six years