Kingsbury Denies Russians Promote Hate U.S. Attack

John A. Kingsbury, National Chairman of the Council of American Soviet Friendship, told students at a Peace Council meeting in Lowell House yesterday that there is no "hate-America" campaign in Russia.

A senior who had been in Moscow this summer challenged Kingsbury's statements. The student said that he had seen a poster where an American soldier was bayonetting a Korean woman. Her blood poured out and turned into dollar bills, which went into the pocket of an American capitalist. Kingsbury denied he had ever seen such posters.

Dirk J. Struik, suspended professor of mathematics at M.I.T., told the CRIMSON last night that the Council of American Soviet Friendship is listed by the U.S. Attorney General's Office as subversive.

Struik said he suggested that the Peace Council ask Kingsbury to address them. J. Malcolm Forbes '54, who presided at the meeting, said, when questioned, he did not know that Kingsbury's organization was on the Attorney General's list.

Kingsbury spoke for fifteen minutes at the open meeting, which attracted ten persons. At a question period following the meeting, several students disagreed with his claim that Russia has only peaceful intentions.

The group became restless when Kingsbury refused to give a definite answer.