Maverick YD Officials Quit Club Positions

Only eight days after giving birth to the maverick Young Democrats, three of the rump officers have resigned their posts.

The three are president Henry S. Zeigler '55, vice-president Thomas D. Edwards '53, and William R. Wister '55, secretary.

In a prepared statement, they said, "We regret to announce that the highly irresponsible conduct of Stanley Tobin in bolting from the Harvard Young Democratic Club and setting up his own schismatic clique has reduced the organization to a state of such impotent confusion that we can no longer further our political ideals by remaining in office.

"We therefore deem it advisable to resign, and we wish our successor in office the best of luck."

Currey Unavailable

The one remaining officer, James C. Currey '52 1L, was unavailable for comment last night, but said earlier that he plans to return the $60-odd dollars he used for a "fake" rally when he sees Dean Watson.

Currey also said, however, that he will not return the other funds he holds from the Young Democrats' treasury because he considers the splinter group entitled to them.

Tobin Blasts Group

When he heard of the release, Stanley E. Tobin '53, president of the legitimate Young Democratic Club, let off a blast of his own. "For the past week," he said, "I have heard nothing but ridiculous statements and childish pranks on the part of those who just cannot go along with the Democratic party."

Tobin expressed hope last night that the hubbub might die down and his club be able to resume full and unhampered campaigning. Tobin said he has not enjoyed his prominence during the past week, reiterating earlier statements that his entire policy during the split was to keep a loyal and serious organization.

Dean Watson, to whom Currey has offered to give the rally funds, has been in Alabama at an Air Force R.O.T.C. meeting. He returns today. It was learned, however, that Currey declined to return the money to Law School officers.