Dean Leighton Hears Democratic Club Case, But Delays Decision

Dean Leighton and several members of the Administration yesterday reviewed the question of the Young. Democratic Club's funds and agreed to reserve decision until a later date.

However, members of the Club said yesterday that they were confident a decision would be returned in their favor, demanding return of the funds allegedly misappropriated by James C. Currey '52 1L. Several of the Democrats said further that the board of inquiry had hinted Currey's actions in the affair were illegal.

At the same time, Robert B. Watson '37, Associate Dean of the College, appointed a date for a conference with Club president Stanley F. Robin '53 and Currey, former Club treasurer. Watson will lunch with the two on Sunday to carry on the inquiry.

Leighton, Watson, F. Skiddy von Stade '38, Dean of Freshmen, Livingston Hall. Vice-Dean of the Law School, and Eliot L. Richardson, counsel to the Corporation, questioned the original executive board of the Democratic Club yesterday morning, attempting to determine exactly what happened to the funds. Tobin, Currey, Club secretary Theodore L. Kessel man '54, and former vice-president George F. Baum, Jr. '55 attended the inquiry.

Leighton, who originally called for the hearing, last night refused to comment.