Outclassed Crimson Booters Succumb to Dartmouth, 5-0

By James M. Storey

HANOVER, N. H., Oct. 24--Dartmouth's varsity soccer team completely outplayed the Crimson booters this windy afternoon, crushing Harvard, 5 to 0. The Indians played much more aggressive ball, and showed better coordination and the score was one of the largest ever made against a Bruce Munro-coached team.

The freshmen lost a hard-fought battle, 1 to 0, when the Green put in a goal at 2:15 of the fourth period.

Dartmouth beat Harvard to the ball throughout the varsity game, and kept pressing the play in the Crimson zone almost constantly, though Harvard gave fleeting indications that it could put together a passing attack. As soon as Harvard gained possession of the ball, however, it usually lost it again to the fast-charging Indians.

Without forwards Berk Johnson and Mauriclo Toro, the Crimson attack never go going. Toro, regular center forward, was especially missed. Captain Charley Ufford was a bulwark on defense.

The Green scored its first goal at 15:50 of the first period when Bob Drawbaugh headed a corner kick into the nets. Although Dartmouth pressed throughout the rest of the half, it could not sink another goal.

Early in the third period Mac Nwariaku scored the first o this two goals when he dribbled and headed around both Crimson fullbacks, and beat Taylor from about ten feet out.

Dartmouth scored again just before the end of the period when the ball squirted through Taylor's legs after Jaime Pradilla headed it. After this goal Harvard seemed to lose its spirit, and the Green added two more in the last half of the final quarter.

The freshman game, one of the roughest of the year, was sewed up when goalie Lindsay Fischer was pulled out of the cage and a goal slipped in from left.