HYD Will Hear Dever On Election Problems At University Friday

Paul A. Dever, Governor of Massachusetts, will speak to the Harvard Young Democrats at 1:30 p.m. Friday afternoon, Stanley E. Tobin '53 announced yesterday.

Dever is one of the three candidates the Harvard Young Democrats have endorsed. The others are Adlai Stevenson and Congressman John F. Kennedy '40.

Tobin said he expects Dever to discuss "The issues in Massachusetts and the use of student organizations in organizations in on election year."

The Young Democrats have not yet announced arrangements for an auditorium, but it is expected that one of the House common rooms will be used.

The meeting is intended for club members, although Tobin has invited the Liberal Union to attend. It is not yet certain whether the meeting will be thrown open to the entire college.

Governor Dever's appearance is the result of a letter written last Friday, asking him to appear at some function of the Young Democrats. The Governor's secretary informed Tobin and Douglas Hobbs '55 yesterday that the Governor "would be pleased to speak before it at the Friday time."