HAA Says All Students Certain of Yale Tickets

Five Sections Sold In First Two Days

By George S. Abrams

All sophomores and freshmen will be able to get tickets for the Yale game, officials of the H.A.A. announced after an emergency meeting last night.

The statement squelched rumors that some undergraduates might not be able to purchase any seats at all for the game. Several sophomores, however, started an all-night vigil outside the H.A.A. offices about 11 p.m., and more had gathered at press time.

Last minute rearrangements were made necessary because of an unexpectedly large demand from juniors and seniors during the past two days. These two classes took sections 32, 33, 34, 35, and 36, leaving only section 37 in the regular undergraduate part of the stands for remaining students, according to Frank O. Lunden, head of the H.A.A. ticket office.

Scraped up

Lunden was unavailable for comment late last night, but other officials revealed that enough seats had been "scraped up" in other sections to take care of all undergraduates. The other sections, presumably, were those previously assigned to alumni.

Whether all alumni will be able to get seats was not known last night. Lunden did indicate earlier that most alumni would sit in the end zone.

The ticket office head revealed that there were only 22,000 seats available for the student body and alumni, since Yale has been allotted 15,000 tickets. Without the old steel stands, the Stadium now seats just 37,145 according to Lunden.

On Monday there were 2,469 tickets sold, while the juniors accounted for another 1,856 seats yesterday. Lunden was unable to announce how many requests for tickets had been received from alumni.