Fullback MacDonald Stands Out As Varsity Drills for Providence

Sophomore fullback George MacDonald turned in a top running performance yesterday as the injury-riddled varsity football team went through a heavy pro-Brown workout at Soldiers Field.

MacDonald, who alternated with reserve fullback Jerry Blitz, ran hard all afternoon, breaking away for several big gains. Starting fullback John Culver again took a light workout, as he rested up for Saturday's game at Providence.

Three Out Saturday

Bob Stargel, veteran offensive tackle who was shaken up in the Princeton game, went through the full contact work, and should be ready to go against the Bruins. None of the Crimson's three other Princeton injuries will play against Brown, and their status is doubtful for the Yale game.

Least likely to play is first string line-backer Bob Hardy, who sprained his ankle against the Tigers. Defensive end Harvey Popell, and defensive halfback Brian Reynolds, both of whom have bad knees, will miss the Brown game. and their status is uncertain for Yale.

Meanwhile, the squad showed plenty of pep, as Coach Lloyd Jordan worked hard to prevent any Davidson-like lapses coming against the Bruins. Dick Clasby ran at will, breaking away for long yardage consistently. And reserve tailbacks Hardy Cox and Paul Murphy also worked out, with the former passing particularly well.

John Ederer, Bob Cochran, and Paul Crowley did all the pass receiving.