TUTORS' DUTIES

The Crimson Mailbox

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I notice that the author of your editorial "Pre-Med Muddle," in the CRIMSON of Friday, November 7th, makes no reference to the Board of Tutors in Biochemical Sciences. It should be noted that, although the Board of Tutors is primarily concerned with concentrators in Biochemical Sciences, members of the Board frequently confer with students concentrating in other fields who plan to apply for admission to Medical School, and are prepared to do so in other cases by appointment with students who wish to see them. Appointments can be made at 27 Holyoke House between 9 A.M. and 1 P.M., Monday through Friday, by our secretary, Mrs. Sneider.

Catalogues, Too

I should add that the office at 27 Holyoke House also contains a file of current catalogs from most of the Medical Schools in the United States, as well as the handbook of the Association of American Medical Colleges, which gives a summary of the admission requirements for each of the Medical Schools throughout the country. Many students find that the information supplied in these booklets answers many of their major questions relative to application for Medical School.

I should not attempt to argue with the view expressed in your editorial, that pre-medical advising for students in Harvard College is inadequate. However, the facts I have stated in this letter may be of use to some pre-medical students who are looking for help and advice. John T. Edsall   Chairman, Board of Tutors   In Biochemical Sciences