Princeton Can Win Ivy Title If Cornell Tops Penn Thurs.

The football championship of the Ivy League will be decided this Thursday, when Cornell travels to Franklin Field for its annual game with Pennsylvania.

If the Quakers win, they will end their Ivy competition with a 4-0 record, but if the boys from Ithaca come through, Princeton's 6-1 League record will be good enough to win the title for the third year in a row.

Yale gained a sure third place with its 41-14 win Saturday, which also doomed Harvard to last place. The Blue swept to victory mainly through the passing of Ed Molloy, who completed four scoring aerials, and connected five other times to set a League record of 93 completions (one more than Columbia's Mitch Price).

Cornell, whom the 'Tigers are desperately hoping will beat Pennsylvania on Thanksgiving Day, winds up in fourth place anyway.

Columbia edged out Brown for fifth as as result of two Bear fumbles in the first period last weekend. Center Jerry Hampton pounced on both, with Price and Valuska going for for the Lion 14-0 triumph. The Bruins ended up sixth, with a 1-3 record, edging out both Harvard and Dartmouth who share the cellar, with 1-4 cards.

On the basis of comparative scores it was impossible to tell anything about team ability this year. Cornell beat Dartmouth, who beat Columbia. Columbia, in turn, beat Harvard, the team that beat Colgate. Colgate started its season off by beating Cornell.