Crimson Bowl Wins Prize as All-Star Name

The game has been named.

The Wintergreens and the Rineharts will meet Tuesday in the Crimson Bowl. Game time is at 2 p.m. Admission is free.

Walter M. Ulin '54 of Dunster House won the Name The Game contest and will receive two 50-yard line tickets for the Yale game as well as free subscriptions to the CRIMSON for the rest of his University career.

Five judges selected Ulin's winning entry from more than 100. The judges were: Thomas D. Bolles, Director of Athletics; Carroll F. Getchel, Athletic Association Business Manager; Adolph Samborksi '25, director of Intra-Mural Athletics; Associate Dean Robert Watson; and Philip M. Cronin '53, CRIMSON president.

Explaining his choices, Ulin said: "The name of the game should symbolize undergraduate sports at Harvard, not just the Houses. The name Crimson not only does this, but gives the game stature alongside other Harvard athletic contests.

Christening

"Neither marked similarities exist between the Houses within each group, nor marked differences between each group," he continued, "and therefore the two sides should arbitrarily bear names symbolizing undergraduate enthusiasm for campus life. The Wintergreens and Rineharts would echo cries partisans of either side could readily embrace."

Members of the Wintergreen team will be from the Adams, Dunster, Eliot, and Winthrop squads. The Rinehart team will include players from Dudley, Kirkland, Leverett, and Lowell.

The H.A.A., will provide all equipment for the two teams. The Wintergreens will wear green jerseys and the Rineharts, blue.

The all-star game, held for the first time last year, will become a permanent institution, the judges hoped. The team names can be applied to all-star games in other sports.