Football Weekends May Retain 8 P.M. Parietals

Housemasters to Consider Reinstating Present Limits for Gridiron Saturdays

By Michael J. Halberstam

The new "liberalized" parietal rules allowing women in the rooms until 11 p.m. on Saturdays may not be in effect on football weekends next fall, the CRIMSON learned last night.

The Housemasters are at present debating restricting the extended hours to non-football weekends and keeping the room permission for gridiron Saturdays set at the present 8 p.m. No decision has been reached as yet, however, and none can be expected until after the Housemasters' monthly meeting in January.

One Master last night confirmed the fact that the Saturday restriction was under consideration. Master Gordon M. Fair of Dunster said, "We are still discussing that. No decision has been reached by any means."

The other Housemasters made comments ranging from "I don't know anything about it" to "I can't talk about that business right now" when asked about the supplementary parietal rules amendment.

The faculty voted recently to extend the Saturday deadline from 8 to 11 p.m., but the Housemasters are still given leeway in administering the new parietal rules.