Varsity Wrestlers Folllow '56 Win With Near Whitewash Over Tufts

Victory came to the varsity wrestlers for the third straight time as they defeated Tufts, 30 to 6, last night in the Jumbos' new Jackson gym. Earlier in the evening, the freshman team scored a 36 to 0 sweep over the Tufts first year men, to give the Crimson a near-perfect record for the night's work at Medford.

Four falls and two defaults helped the varsity to their one-sided victory. Don Muggia of the Crimson, wrestling at 130 pounds, won his first match of the season, pinning Laydon of Tufts. Bud Adams at 147 easily downed Jim Byrne in 1.21 minutes. Chick Chandler, at 167, and Ken Culbert at 177 both pinned their men.

The two decisions went to Captain John Lee wrestling at 137, and to heavyweight Tim Anderson. The Crimson's only loss fell to Don Fern at 123, who dropped a 2 to 4 decision to Howland of Tufts, and to Len Miller, at 157, who lost to Swain, 6 to 4.

Three opening pins by the lightweights gave the freshman wrestlers a fast start. Herrera at 123, Keating at 130, and Burnaman at 137, won by falls. Cole's match at 147 was nearly as decisive a win, 6 to 1, over his Tufts opponent. Brawley at 157 and Hook at 167 both pinned.

The match at 177 went to Sullivan of Harvard, by a forfeit. The Yardling's heavyweight, Quartarone, decisioned his opponent 4 to 0.