ON STARVING GOTHS

The Press

To the Chairman of the Yale Daily News:

The Yalie's antumnal migrations to other campuses in the wake of the football team have a disadvantageous effect. Like a primitive Goth who has been sightseeing in Rome, the Yalie becomes dissatisfied with the inadequacies of his own culture.

No, we aren't talking here about scholastic standings, or even co-education. Our subject is more basic: FOODI

To all of us who ate at Annapolis last month, or at Cambridge just a few days ago, the humbl fare of the Yale dining halls seems shockingly inferior in both quantity and quality. All that we had seen at Annapolis steaming, platers sticked high with chicken halves, soup fuveens full of chocolate chip ice cream, pitchers overflowing with milk all remained vivid in our minds as we retreated back across the Vistula. And by the banks of the Charles our far-famed social franquility went to the winds as we gorged like men half starved on salad pilled high with thousand island dressing, reast beef of noticeable circumference and the ever present blessing of unlimited milk. Our months water even ever today's duck on least!

All we ask of our tribal gods is a reasonable "why?" Everyone seems to agree that Harvard exacts only an exits $2b per year above the Yale food tals. Is the different in their diet due only to these extra green fish." Marvin Deschoff, Yale '53