Crimson Squash Team Beats McGill 6-1 in Lengthy Matches Yesterday

Six of the seven Crimson varsity squash men won their matches against McGill yesterday, but without the holiday the 6 to 1 score indicates.

Charlie Ufford had to overcome an 8 to 1 deficit before taking his first game from Ham Quain of McGill, 15 to 12. He breezed through the second game, but went into overtime before clinching the match 17 to 14 in the third game.

Ham's twin brother, Red Quain, dropped his first game to Crimson captain Dave Watts by only 16 to 14. He won the second game 15 to 11 and led well into the third game before Watts caught are and took the match with scores of 15 to 6 and 15 to 5 in the next two games.

The Quain brothers have been alternating as McGill's top succeed for the past three years. Canadian rules allow them to play on the team even though they are graduate students.

Haddon Tomes, Charlie Elliott, and Larry Brownell, playing the next three positions in that order, all won in close matches. Sixth man Guy Paschal had the only "easy" victory.

McGill's Mike Brodcur won his squad's only match 3 to 2 over Mike Ward in the longest and most exciting contest of the day. Brodcur pushed through the last two games 15 to 17.