Douglas Will Officiate At Ames Competition Finals at Law School

Hon. William O. Douglas, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, will adjudicate the question of whether United States courts must recognize the decrees of an unrecognized Soviet satellite, in the finals of the Law School's Ames Competition, March 17 at 8 p.m. in the Langdell Hall Courtroom.

Acting as Chief Judge in the Law School's mock trial, Douglas will be assisted by Associate Judge Charles E. Clark, Judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second District, and Harold P. Williams, Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.

The Marshall Club will represent the plaintiff--the Russian Steamship Company, which is claiming insurance proceeds of a Latvian ship which was sunk by the Germans during the war. Opposing them, the J. Smith Club will support the defendant--the United States Attorney General.

Presenting the case for the Marshall Club will be oralists William A. Carroll and Richard A. Myren. Of Council on the Brief, are Robert B. Hudson, Rodney W. Loeb, Stanley V. Ostrow, and Floyd Wilkins, Jr.

Oralists for the J. Smith Club are Joseph R. Cortese and Philip C. Potter. The research team which forms the Council on the Brief consists of Robert P. Cook, Phil N. Crawford, Theodore J. Horvath, William J. Kelly, Richard E. Mansfield, and Arthur V. Savage.