Sextet, Swimmers Meet Indians, Bruins Tonight

Undefeated Varsity, Yardlings Favored Over Brown Squads At Blockhouse Meets Tonight

The Crimson swimmers should go right on winning tonight, with little or no difficulty. Hal Ulen's varsity is heavily favored in its 8:30 p.m. meet with Brown at the Blockhouse, and the Yardlings, opening with the Bruin freshmen at 7 p.m., also figure to have little trouble.

Joe Watmough's Providence varsity has a two-and-four record to date. The Bruins have defeated M.I.T. and Columbia, and lost to Army, Navy, Williams, and Yale. Harvard defected Navy ten days ago, 57 to 27.

Watmough lost freestylers Duncan Gray and Bob Barlow through graduation last spring, but gained a fine sophomore sprinter in Ralph Brisco. Brisco has already broken the Brown records in the 50 and 100, with times of 23.4 and 52.4, respectively. Harvard's Dave Hedberg, however, has been under Brisco's time in the 50 several times this season.

Ron Wills, who set a new Brown mark in the 220 freestyle last year, may swim the individual medley or the breaststroke, and Don Cameron may be switched from the freestyle middle distances into the individual medley.

The only other strong contender Watmough has is Otto Pfannkuch, who will finish second to Harvard's Pete Dillingham in the dive. But with Hedberg in the 100 and/or the 220, Dick Fouquet and Mary Sandler in the 440, Charlie Egan in the individual medley, Don Mulvey, who broke a record in Dartmouth's Spaulding Pool, in the backstroke, Ken Emerson and Ralph Zani in the breaststroke, and two strong relays, the Crimson should take first in at least eight of the ten events.

Bill Brooks' undefeated Yardlings are expected to make it four straight with little difficulty. While the Bruin freshmen lost, 51 to 24, against M.I.T.'s freshman squad, the Yardlings rolled over the Engineers, 49 to 26.