Bolles Keeps Silent On Spring Practice Rumor

Ivy Delegates Eliminated Drills In Special Meeting, Asserts 'Source'; Brown Gives Denial

Athletic Director Thomas D. Bolles last night had "no comment" on yesterday's Associated Press report that the Ivy League Presidents had voted 6 to 2 against continuing spring football practice. Both Provost Buck and President Conant were out of town and unavailable for comment.

Conant is expected to make any announcements for the group. "A reliable source," however, who refused to allow his name to be given told the AP that only the presidents of Cornell and Princeton voted to continue spring practice, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Brown, and Pennsylvania round out the Ivy group.

The "source" said that the vote, taken at a meeting of the presidents in New York last week, was not necessarily binding on all the colleges, but would probably lead to elimination of any further spring practice.

Dr. Henry M. Wriston, Brown president, said he recalled "no such vote, and I've been to those meetings."

The Ivy colleges had previously decided to cut spring practice from thirty to twenty days. Yale has announced that it would abolish the drills altogether.

Presidents John Sloan Dickey of Dartmouth and Deane W. Malott of Cornell had no comment. Dan Coyle, Princeton publicity director, revealed that the presidents did meet, however, and said he understood that a statement of policy on spring football practice would be issued next week.