Squash Team Plays Cadets; 'C' Team Wins

Two of the toughest teams in the Intercollegiate Squash Racquets League--Army and Williams--face the Crimson varsity on their present read trip.

The most important match of the trip (and maybe of the season) is the contest with undefeated Army at West Point today. Harvard, also rolling along without a defeat, is tied with Army for the League lead, and if it can Bok the Cadets it will take over first place. Then the Crimson will be in a good position to take the championship.

Coach Jack Barnaby stressed that this is one of the really vital matches of the season. "If we don't beat Army, who will?" he asked.

Barnaby termed the Cadets "a very tough team," but said that he expected his men to take the match. "I think my team is good," he commented. "It just depends on whether we can play our best on strange courts after travel."

The second contest is with a strong Williams team at Williamstown tomorrow. The Crimson is at full strength for both matches with the regular lineup of Charlie Ufford, Dave Watts, Captain Jim Bacon, Muggy Mugaseth, Altic Flagg, Wis Wood, Dave Symmes, Charley Elliott, Mike Ward, and alternate Ted Rose all in good condition.

Yesterday's Matches

In a match at Hemenway yesterday the varsity "C" whitewashed the Union Boat Club, 5 to 0. Haddon Tomes beat Howe, 12 15, 15 12, 15-10, 15-11; John Rauh beat Henry Pinkham, 15-11, 11-15, 15-6, 12-15, 15-12. Steve Sonnabend beat Matt Marshall, 15-12, 15-10, 15-12; Paul Garrigue beat Len Wheeler, 15-10, 11-15, 15-11, 15-13; and Bert Johnson beat Art Pinkhame, 15-6, 15-10, 16-14.