Squash Team Gains League Lead by Beating Army, Meets Ephs Today

Jack Barnaby's varsity squash team gained undisputed possession of first place in the Intercollegiate Squash Racque's League by knocking off previously undefeated Army, 6 to 3, at West Point yesterday. Having gotten over the tougher obstacle on its weekend road trip, the Crimson will try to extend its win streak at Williams this afternoon.

Barnaby plans to use the same lineup today that played the Cadets; it includes Charlie Ufford, Dave Watts, Captain Jim Bacon, Muggy Mugaseth, Altie Flagg, Wis Wood, Dave Symmes, Charlie Elliott, and Mike Ward.

In another match played yesterday, the freshman "D" easily shut out the Tennis and Racquet Club team, 5 to 0, at the Tennis and Racquet Club. Rob Albert, Jim McIntosh, Jay Hathaway, Dave Berndt, and Al Haegler played for the Yardlings.

The freshman "D" will join forces with the "C" in a match at Exeter this afternoon. This is the first outing for the combined Crimson team since last weekend's losses to Williams and Deerfield. Coach Corey Wynn will probably start his usual lineup today; it consists of Guy Paschal, Bill Wister, Bob Brown, Bats Wheeler, Mike Levinson, Jim McIntosh, Rob Albert, Jay Hathaway, and Dave Berndt.