Commuters Plan Leap Year Dance, Push Bid for Equality With Houses

Commuters took a long step in their intense drive for full House recognition yesterday, as 200 students met to lay plans for their 1952 program.

In an attempt to revive the Dudley Commuters' Center, the rally completed plans for a 1952 "Leap Year Gambol," co-sponsored by the Radcliffe Commuters.

The dance will be held in the Statler's Bay State Room on Friday.

Gerald Alch '54 and Mary Jane Wade '52, co-chairmen of the dance committee, called the dance "our most ambitious project to date." According to Alch, it will serve three purposes:

(1) To prove that "Commuters have the spirit and unity necessary for recognitions as a full House." (2) To improve relations between the Houses and Dudley, which will be accomplished by opening the sale of tickets to House members as well as to Commuters. (3) To raise funds for further steps in the Commuters' program.

House Members Welcome

In accordance with the regular custom for House dances, Dudley has extended its invitation to all House members. The primary reason for this, Alch said, is to give certain resident students their first chance to meet the Commuters. Former Dudley men who are now living at the College are selling tickets in the House dining halls.

The Bay State Room holds 150 couples, and half the tickets, which cost $2.50 per couple, have been sold to far to Commuters. Results of ticket sales at Radcliffe have not been reported, however, and Alch believes that House sales will attract at least 30 additional couples.