Pickled Primate Is Anatomy Exhibit A

Although he failed to register at the Medical School this term. Makoko, a massive 450 pound gorilla, still makes a daily appearance at the anatomy classes of Dr. George E. Erikson, assistant professor of General Education in Biology.

Dr. Erikson, embalmer and owner of the primate, uses Makoko to demonstrate prosection methods. The anatomist also is making a private study of the gorilla from an evolutionary standpoint.

The beast, originally from the Belgian Congo, gained considerable notoriety last June when he fell in a moat at his Bronx Zoo home and promptly drowned. After rescue efforts of his keeper failed to revive him, Makoko was put on ice and Dr. Erikson was hastily summoned.

The professor rushed to New York, embalmed the gorilla immediately, and then shipped him to Cambridge as an addition to his large primate collection. Handled with utmost care, the 12 year old animal is still in excellent condition, and Dr. Erikson feels confident that he will be able to prosect his monster indefinitely.