Annual Career Conference Starts Wednesday With Journalism Talks

The sixth annual Harvard Conference on Careers from February 13 to March 20 was announced by the Office of Student Placement yesterday. The aim of the conference, according to Louis L. Newby, placement officer, is to stimulate the interest of students in different career fields so that they will avail themselves of the placement office's facilities for finding jobs after graduation.

Nine programs, each covering a popular field of post-graduate work, are listed on the placement office's brochure which will be distributed in the next few days to every student and faculty member. Each individual conference will have speeches by three leading experts working in each field, usually with a Harvard official or professor serving as moderator.

Journalism Conference First

Journalism, including both magazine and newspaper writing, will be discussed at the first conference next Wednesday. The other career fields which will have special conferences are government service, the financial industry, opportunities abroad, advertising and public relations, training programs in industry, law, industrial relations and personnel administration, and education.

Each of the conferences will take place at 8 p.m. in one of the House dining halls, Dudley, or the Union. The speakers will tain for about 15 minutes with an open question period afterwards. The programs are all open to the public.