Program Answers Foreign Travel Queries

Prospective foreign travellers learned the answers to all their questions in a survey of the practical problems of international travel presented last night by the Student Council in Sanders Theatre.

Shown at the right is the exhibit of the American Friends Service Committee, one of the numerous groups which gave information about its work abroad.

Representatives from travel agencies of the Scandinavian countries, Holland, and France, and speakers on Yugoslavia and Italy spoke briefly in the first part of the program. They set up exhibit booths in Memorial Hall where they provided special information later.

The representatives were concerned primarily with spreading knowledge of their countries, as well as with tours through Europe at large. N.S.A., the Experiment in International Living, and work project groups were represented.

Hans Spiegel, director of the International Students Center, extended an invitation for any one planning to travel abroad to meet an exchange student at the Center "who can tell you things about the country that no travel agency would know."

For those who missed the conference, the Student Council has set up a table on the second floor of P.B.H. which will give the latest news throughout the spring on every aspect of foreign of foreign travel.