Bradley Calls Taft Symbol of GOP; Cutler Wants Ike as Moral Force

If the Eisenhower forces have their way, Connecticut Republican J. Kenneth Bradley stated last night, "they will steal the Republican party away from the Republicans."

Speaking at the Harvard Law School Forum in Sanders Theatre, Bradley maintained that if Eisenhower is nominated another me-too campaign will follow. "Taft," he declared, "is the symbol of what the Republican party stands for" and is the man "to wage a two-fisted fight against Harry Truman and the Fair Deal."

The Issue--Keep World Peace

The great issue over-riding all others, General Robert Cutler '16, Overseer, declared, "is to keep the world at peace." We need a competent, moral leader "who can attract the world to our side." This man, he said, is Eisenhower.

Radio and TV commentator Tex McCrary called for the Republicans to nominate a candidate who can win, and held that Eisenhower would appeal more to the nine million young people voting for the first time than Taft. "Nobody wants Eisenhower," he said, "but the people."

Former Congressman Hamilton Fish Jr. '10 called Taft "better qualified mentally, morally, spiritually, and from a standpoint of experience to be president" than anyone else.