Ike Club Lists 610 Members To Become 2nd Biggest Club

Almost overnight, the Eisenhower for President Club has become the second biggest student organization in the University.

With 610 members the Eisenhower for President Club is second only to Phillips Brooks House, which boasts 651 members. It is the largest political club in the College, holding a slight edge over the Young Republican Club, which has a little under 600 members, and is much larger than the Liberal Union and the Taft for President Club.

Recognized officially by the University only five weeks ago, the Eisenhower Club has mushroomed in membership. The club's president, Earl M. Kulp '52, is also a member of the H.Y.R.C.

Club Meets when "Occasion Requires"

The club has no regular schedule of meetings, and meets only when occasion requires. About 200 of its members will mail campaign literature to voters and watch the polls in the coming Boston primary election. Also, some of the club's members will work at the Chicago Republican National Convention this summer for Eisenhower.

Three of the College political clubs will work at the Republican Convention. Besides the Eisenhower Club, the H.Y.-R.C. and the Taft Club will also help. The H.Y.R.C. will run the car pool.

Kulp said that he was not sure how many members of the Eisenhower Club also belong to the H.Y.R.C., but he thought there were "quite a few."

Asked if he thought Eisenhower would decide to run, Kulp said, "Eisenhower has already decided to run. I think he obviously wants it."