Wylie Tops Field of 30 in Election Of Class Day Committee Members

Constitution Passed By Vote of 322-122

Former football captain Warren D. Wylic, of the Varsity Club and Chelmsford, led all opponents by a wide margin in elections for the 1952 Class Day Committee, the Student Council announced last night.

Wylie received 269 votes of the 591 cast. Twenty-nine candidates, almost a record number, competed for the ten positions.

Others elected were James E. Bacon, of Wilmett, Illinois and Winthrop House; Richard C. Farrington, of Piae Orchard, Connecticut and Leverett House; Gim P. Fong, of Newton; Calver C. Groton, of Westerley, Rhode-Island and Lowell House; John B. Manning, of Worcester and Winthrop House; Ira H. Peterman, of Yonkers, New York and Dunster House; Costas C. Rodis, of Nashua, New Hampshire and Kirkland House; Ralph F. Scalera, of Midland, Pennsylvania and Winthrop House; and Robert L. Wiley, of St. Paul, Wisconsin and Lowell House.

'52 Constitution Ratified

The 1952 Class Constitution, which provides for fund raising, reunions, and other permanent functions of the clas, was ratified by a 322 to 122 count

Voting took place in the Houses on Wednesday and Thursday. Student Council members from each House started counting votes after dinner last night, and John F. Tulenko '54, Chairman of the Council Elections Committee, announced results shortly after 11 o'clock last night. Tabulating took place in the Council offices in Phillips Brook House.

Council members said the number of seniors voting was only medium. Seven hundred men voted for permanent class officers on February 29, as compared with the 591 for last night's election.