Wayne University Will Review Case Of Coed's Ouster

DETROIT, March 3--Wayne University's disciplinary committee will meet tomorrow to review the case of a student it suspended last Friday. Mrs. Lorraine F. Meisner, Wayne junior, refused to testify at a House Un-American Activities Committee hearing and was promptly suspended by the school.

In a telegram to Mrs. Meisner Wayne president David D. Henry stated that her attitude indicated "either an unreasonable refusal to cooperate or a prima facie admission of criminal action on her part."

Mrs. Meisner was summoned as a surprise witness in the committee's investigation of communist activity in the Detroit area. Last spring she applied for a European passport "for a sight seeing and education tour." Committee counsel Frank S. Tavenner, Jr. asked her if her real purpose was to attend the Communist World Youth Festival in Berlin. She refused to answer.

Council to Meet

When asked if she were a communist, Mrs. Meisner also refused to answer.

After the suspension Wayne's Student Council held a special meeting at which Mrs. Meisner was present. The Council will meet again tomorrow to decide whether or not it will take a stand on the case.