Eliot Five Defeats Dudley, 35-30, Giving Lowell 'A' League Lead

Eliot's 35 to 30 victory over Dudley yesterday pushed Lowell back into first place in the House 'A' Basketball League. Scheduled contests between Lowell and Dunster and Leverett and Winthrop were postponed. In the only other 'A' game, Kirkland edged Adams, 48 to 46. Don Bossart was high scorer for the losers with 13 points, while Ed Judson paced the winners with 10.

'B' League basketball was highlighted by a closely fought, 46 to 45 win by Leverett over Winthrop. Kirkland easily beat Adams by a score of 37 to 20, while the Commuters won over Eliot in an afternoon contest.

Weld South of the American League upset Weld North of the National League, 40 to 30, in a freshman playoff contest. Jim Rohal with 12 points and Warren Pyle with 11 points were high scorers for the victims. Weld South meets Holworthy today for the freshman Intramural Championship.

In House 'A' League squash contests, Eliot defeated Kirkland, 4 to 1. Lowell topped Dunster 3 to 2, and Adams downed Leverett 4 to 0, with one match postponed.

Thirty-four freshmen who were selected from 133 entrants started competition in the Yard Intramural Squash Tournament yesterday. The tourney will be played in the University Squash Building under the auspices of Adolph W. Samborski '25, director of Intramural Athletics.