Houses Plan Friday Events To Launch Regatta Weekend

A complete program of dances, hayrides, dinners and concerts will inaugurate the Regatta Weekend on Friday night, May 9, Joseph A. Broido '52, weekend coordinator, announced last night.

According to the tentative schedule released by Broido, all seven Houses, Dudley and the Union will schedule independent events which will be free to members of the Houses.

The evening will be highlighted by a glee club concert at 8 p.m. in the Lowel House large quadrangle.

Two annual affairs which have been combined with the weekend will be held in Dunster House and Kirkland House. The self-styled "Party House" will hold its Masquerade Ball, and Kirkland will begin its annual Lawn Party at 3 p.m. The Deacons will decorate their courtyard with Japanese Lanterns and expect to engage a dixieland band for the evening session.

With the exception of Eliot House, all the other Houses will go outdoors for their entertainment. Eliot is planning a cabaret style dinner dance.

Winthrop House will hold a 'Beer Bust" in its courtyard and Lowell will set up an outdoor dance floor in its small courtyard. Adams House will take advantage of its superior dining facilities to sponsor an outdoor dinner and lawn party in front of Apthorp House, the Master's residence.

Leverett House will hold a monster hayride from 8 to 11 p.m. with the full details to be announced at a later date.

The Commuters will hold their dance in the recently renovated Dudley Hall.

A plan to invite the Class of '55 to the affairs held in the Houses failed when House committees reported that because the dances were being put on as part of the program covered by House dues, they would be too crowded to support the additional revelers. The freshmen have substituted for this the idea of having a dance in the Union, and the committee is now working on final plans.