Ruggers Lose 6-0 To Powerful Elis; JV's Win at M.I.T.

Crimson ruggers tried to pull off the upset of the season against a heavily-favored Yale squad at New Haven last Saturday, but their weaker back-line just couldn't score. Meanwhile, the Elis were able to smash the Crimson defense twice to win a 6 to 0 victory.

The same afternoon, Jayvee ruggers fought a return match against the Engineers at M.I.T. The Crimson won, 3 to 0, wiping out their 6 to 2 loss to Tech last April 12.

The varsity tilt began with both sides almost equally matched. The Crimson's forward pack played its usual brilliant game and carried the play for the less experienced back-field. But on its own, it couldn't crack the weighty Eli defense.

In the second half, the Eli back-line managed to exploit the Crimson's defensive weakness, and battered through for two successive touchdowns, despite excellent defensive tackling by "Red" Wylie.

In the jayvee game against Tech, the Crimson played the first ten minutes three men short. Even so, a terrific spurt by the forwards carried the ball through the M.I.T. defense. Then, at the goal line, Bill Fuller fell on it, to make a rugby-style touchdown. This gave the Crimson its winning three point lead.