Police Report No Progress Yet on 'Mikado' Robbery

University and Cambridge police yesterday were still investigating Saturday night's robbery of members of the cast of "The Mikado" in Winthrop House, but could announce no progress.

Meanwhile, Bruce R. Recker '52, producer of "The Mikado," said that two cast members yesterday reported the theft of an overcoat and a suitcoat, bringing the total loss to over $300. Over $200 worth of coats, suits, ties, pocketbooks, and records were first reported stolen Saturday night.

Recker said that a benefit performance of "The Mikado" has definitely been scheduled for this coming Friday night, to help cast members recoup their losses.

He explained that reimbursing cast members for the stolen articles would leave no money to support next year's Winthrop House musical and dramatic productions.

Police were still of the opinion that the robbery had been carefully worked out beforehand, and statements of a cast member that the dressing room had been cased about 7 p.m. Saturday supported this view. The singer said a man whom he didn't know entered the ground-floor room and told him there was a message waiting at a nearby phone. No one turned out to be waiting, and when the cast member returned, the man had disappeared.